Guidelines for Consideration
Deadline is February 1, 2018
Please write a descriptive narrative of 2000 characters (~500 words) or less
describing why you are nominating your Park Ranger for the Distinguished Park
Ranger Award. You may use any of the below suggestions to support your
• Supports and encourages a Park Friends Program.
• Through programs and events, encourages the participation of children, families, and
school groups in park activities and creates future stewards of the park.
• Recognizes park needs and develops innovative programs to meet those needs.
• Promotes involvement of diverse groups in park events and activities.
• Leads, demonstrates, and continually promotes the most cost efficient practices within
*If you do not wish to use the provided links to make your nomination for any of these items, you are more than welcome to e-mail your nomination to tfrhodes42