Thank You to all who have taken a strong stand with us for our State Parks in the past year! State Parks face immediate challenges when the Texas Legislature returns to Austin next month and your support is appreciated.
Specifically, in the year ahead, Texans for State Parks will be working to:
- Secure and stabilize Sporting Goods Tax revenues as the long-term funding source for State Park operations and local park grants
- Fund Texas Parks and Wildlife’s operational budgets at a sufficient level to meet the needs of a Texas’ growing population and rapidly increasing State Park visitation
- Fund an acquisition program to obtain additional open space land to serve urban populations
- Seek options to protect park and wildlife lands from impacts of federal construction projects
- Support affordable admission fees for public access and quality visitor services at State Parks
- Thanks for your support of the strong network of State Park advocates that we are building together. And — with your continued support we will be ready to meet the challenges of the year ahead!