About Texans for State Parks
Texans for State Parks is a statewide, not-for-profit organization that works exclusively in support of the preservation and enhancement of the state parks, state historic sites, and state natural areas of Texas. Incorporated in November 1997, TfSP is supported primarily by membership dues and donations. Membership dues are tax deductible.
Texans for State Parks members include a diverse set of interests (campers, hikers, birders, bicyclists, rock climbers, equestrians, RV owners, swimmers, and canoeists to name a few) with a common concern for the well being of the state park system. TfSP’s goals include providing a united, statewide voice for users of state parks and related groups regarding state park system issues, and working in partnership with those groups and individuals interested in the future of the Texas State Park System.
Texans for State Parks works to keep members informed about issues affecting the state park system in order to give them an opportunity to get involved and make a difference. TfSP, with E-news, a web page, and an annual members’ conference, forwards information about actions being considered by the legislature, Parks and Wildlife Commission and others in order that people have an opportunity to comment and affect the outcome of the proposed actions.
Goals of Texans for State Parks
- Provide a united, state-wide voice for users of state parks and related groups on park matters of shared concerns.
- Serve as an information resource for interested persons on state park matters.
- Educate park users, legislators and the general public about state park matters.
- Support stable and adequate financing for the state park system.
- Work in partnership with local state park support groups and other interested groups on state park matters.
- Advise the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department and Commission on State-wide matters of importance to state park users and related groups.
Latest TfSP News
Thank You to all who have taken a strong stand with us for our State Parks in the past year! State Parks face immediate challenges when the Texas Legislature returns to Austin next month and your support is appreciated. Specifically, in the year ahead, Texans for...read more
Celebrate the holidays throughout December in a Texas State Park! Parks are hosting festive holiday events throughout the state. In addition to the experiences listed below, be sure to visit the Holidays in the Parks page and the Calendar of Events. Austin Area...read more
Thanks to all veterans and active military personnel for your service! In your honor, the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department will waive day-use entry fees for everyone on Veterans Day, Sunday, Nov. 11. Gather your family and spend the day exploring a park near you,...read more